There’s no better way to explore a potential career than to witness it firsthand!
Alignment Rockford is seeking community partners to host job shadow experiences for RPS 205 juniors during the 2020/21 school year. Through job shadows, Alignment Rockford connects local employers to RPS 205 students to help deepen their understanding of their interest areas or career goals.
Job shadows are one component of the robust work-based learning continuum of experiences the College & Career Academies of Rockford offer students throughout their high school education. They provide an invaluable experience by helping students make the connection between school work and the world of work.
Whether physically on-the-job or virtually, job shadows help instill career aspirations and increase graduation rates.
We ask job shadow partners to:
- Host a 4-hour job shadow experience for a small group of students (3-5:1, student to mentor ratio)
- Showcase one or two specific careers
- Allow students to participate in an activity associated with a career
To ensure a high-quality curriculum continues to be delivered to all students through the evolution of distance/virtual learning, we also are providing ways for students and professional partners to connect through virtual channels, such as offering:
- Students the opportunity to interview you via phone or video conference about your job; skills needed for entry/middle/professional level positions; and the outlook for a career in your industry
- Industry training materials or videos for students to view and learn more about your company and/or products
- Mock interviews to assist them as they approach internships and/or jobs
By supporting students and providing them with hands-on (or virtual) industry experience, you will help to increase the number of hiring prospects for your organization and enhance the workforce pipeline for local industry.
Connect with your future workforce today! (registration coming soon)
Thank you to our 2019/20 Job Shadow Partners:
City of Rockford Human Services Community Action Agency
Educators of Beauty
Header Die & Tool, Inc.
Healing Path of Rockford
Hulsebus Rockford Chiropractic
Jack Wolf Belvidere
Javon Bea Hospital
Larson & Darby Group
Parker Hannifin Corp. – Accumulator & Cooler Division
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity
Rockford Park District – Therapeutic Recreation Department
Rockford Police Department
Rockford Public Library
RPS 205/Fairview ECC
Van Matre Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital